Akademiklinikens motto ”beauty trough science” has been applied all the way through the development of their products. The skincare line is built on scientific facts and the latest findings within medical skincare.
Throughout the years, plastic surgeons at Akademikliniken have encountered numerous patients that have had cosmetic wants and needs other than plastic surgery. E.g. fine lines and wrinkles, acne, sun-damaged skin, inelastic and dry skin.
After carefully considering the recent development of skincare products as well as the wants and needs of their patients, Akademikliniken finally decided to launch their own skincare line. After more then three years of research by a team of experts, consisting of leading biochemists, international cosmetic experts, cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists and estheticians, Akademikliniken finally had their own line of skincare products.
Team of Experts
Each year, a team of experts consisting of plastic surgeons, dermatologists and estheticians treat thousands of patients at Akademikliniken. This combined expertise has proven to be invaluable in the development of Akademikliniken’s skincare products.
Realistic expectations – satisfied customers
Achieving healthy skin and a beautiful complexion is not the result of a miracle cream or a “quick fix”, but instead discovering the right products for each individual’s skin type. Akademikliniken makes sure to give realistic expectations instead of exaggerated marketing with unattainable promises.
Bio-Nature range does not contain the following ingredients:
Paraben, Mineral oils, Synthetic fragrances, Synthetic colors, SLES/SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Ammonium laureth sulfate) and PEG.
General Contraindications for products containing active ingredients (e.g. AHA products)
1. If you are still using exfoliating products from a different line of products; stop using these 2 weeks prior to starting a new treatment
2. Do not exfoliate on sunburned skin (red/irritated) or newly waxed skin
3. Do not use if your are taking prescription medication for acne
4. If you are using prescription medication for acne e.g. Roacutan your should stop taking the medicine at least 6 months prior to using products with active ingredients
5. If you are using a topical cream to treat acne e.g. Aberela, Retinova, Zorac, Differin you should stop using the product at least 2-3 months prior to exfoliating your skin.
Getting used to New Skincare Products
Start by introducing one product at a time when switching to new skincare products. It takes approximately 2-8 weeks for the skin to acclimate to new products, and for you to see an improvement. Initially, you may experience worsening of the skin before it gets better; dryness, impurities and blemishes are common. This cleansing is normal and happens because the skin is wearing off the previous products. If you experience lasting discomfort, stop the treatment and contact one of our estheticians.